- Lauren Myracle dared 13 YA authors to a Halloween Scare-A-Thon. More on our post here.
- Melissa Marr announced that she has, indeed, killed a character in her new book, though she won't reveal who it was. More on her blog.
- On the 30th, Thursday, multiple fantasy/paranormal authors were on blogtalkradio, you can hear the entire show here. And here's the description, "Join the Fangs, Fur, and Fey team-- Melissa Marr, Jeaniene Frost, and Mark Del Franco-as well as other NYT bestselling authors Jocelyn Drake, Vicki Pettersson, and Holly Black to talk about faeries, vampires, and all things paranormal with Eos Executive Editor, Diana Gill."
- In honor of Lauren's Scare-A-Thon, Sarah Mlynowski in order to explain her fear and why it has not yet been completed announced on her blog that she's five months pregnant! Congrats Sarah! And we're sure that changing diapers will prove to be fine and not too terrifying. :)
Books that came out in the past week:
- The Twilight Companion: The Unauthorized Guide to the Series by Lois H. Gresh
- Headlong by Kathe Koja
- Guardian by Julius Lester
- Everything Beautiful in the World by Lisa Levchuk
Books that come out this week:
- November 1- What I Saw And How I Lied by Judy Blundell
- November 1- Love and Peaches by Jodi Lynn Anderson
- November 3- The It Girl #7: Infamous by Cecily von Ziegesar
- November 4- Salvation in Death by J.D. Robb
- November 4- Ranger's Apprentice: The Sorcerer of the North by John Flanagan
-The YAthenaeum Team