Friday, July 16, 2010

Inara Scott Q&A

We were lucky enough to have Inara Scott, author of Delcroix Academy that comes out August 24, to answer our Q&A.


1. What's the most random question you can think of? Answer it.

Shoot, this is expecting me to be creative, right? Okay,
Q: How long does it take you to make a Burger King Whopper?
A: In high school, about six seconds. But I'd probably be much slower if I tried it today.


2. If 'they' decided to make a movie of your life, which actor would you want to play you?

Gwyneth Paltrow

3. If someone suddenly threw a wad of twenty thousand dollars at you, how would you respond?

Mmm, knowing me, I'd panic and drop it. And then immediately call 911 because I'd be sure it was stolen and I'm way too much of a goody-goody to keep stolen money. But if the police ASSURED me that it was okay, I'd probably use the money to build a little room off our back deck that I could use for an office and yoga studio. I've been fantasizing about this for some time, actually. ;-)

4. When writing some authors plan every detail and others just dive into the book, so are you an outliner or a diver (or a mix)?

I'm a plotter, but not a detailer. I generally have a pretty good outline of the chapters in the book, turning points, climax, etc. before I start, but then it evolves and changes as I write. It's an iterative process -- each new draft influences the others.

5. Who pwns everything?

I am deeply confused by this question.

6. Can you do the Time Warp?

Yes, but it's been a while!

No comments: